Families in Transition (FIT)
Vera Lloyd is excited to announce the launch of a pilot program for
The purpose of the program is to foster, support and assist families in reestablishing their lives. FIT provides a safe, nurturing environment and supportive services such as:
Life skills classes
Mental health therapy
Substance abuse counseling
Educational and vocational transition services
FIT is a 9 to 18-month program that provides affordable, transitional/supportive housing for single parents who are facing homelessness. The program utilizes a client centered, strength based and goal driven approach to empower parents to increase self-sufficiency and achieve permanency.
While staying on the Vera Lloyd campus, each mother or father is required to work and/or go to school. They will be responsible for the care of themselves and their children while having access to Vera Lloyd resources.
- Single Mom or Dad with children (two parent families may also be considered)
- Homeless or at-risk of becoming homeless
- Able to work or attend school
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to live in an alcohol and drug-free environment
- Highly motivated to participate in a case management program based on interview
- Willing to complete a criminal background check and random drug testing
If you know of a family who may qualify, please contact:
Rose Brewer: (870) 367-9035 email@example.com
Your support is essential to changing the lives of youth.
Because of you, our team improves the lives of more than 130 children and youth from all over the state every year.